My friend Gerry Sussman, of MIT, called to ask if I’d anything to say on parallelism of art and engineering. (He was preparing a talk.) I did have a remark that I’d never shared with anyone. “A work of art,” said I, “is a machine with an esthetic purpose.” Gerry got a kick out of this, and used it in his talk, Read More
- Margaret Thornhill, clarinetist
- Sophia Gilmson, pianist
- David Hattner, conductor
- John Phillips Harpsichords
- Music Animation Machine
- Gerald Jay Sussman, scientist
- David Boyk, historian
- Richard Grayson, improviser
- Pamela Blanc, Alexander teacher
- Paul Lockhart, math teacher
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, 'Flow'
- Annie Hayden tunes grands.
- Shirley Kirsten blogs and teaches.
- Lincoln Mayorga, pianist nonpareil
- The Mastering Lab & Doug Sax
- Siegfried Linkwitz, speaker designer-philosopher
- Don North, audio designer
- Bruce Bartlett, engineer-author
- David Andersen, pianos